Tuesday 12 April 2022

WOYWW 671 S big bag of boobs

Hi all,
It’s still boob central here. Kent & Canterbury hospital has come back and said that single boobs are fine, so I’ll deliver a big bag of them tomorrow. They’re for midwife training as well as for helping new Mums. 

My better half has started volunteering at the nearby Elham valley railway museum, and spends weekend afternoons waving green flags for the little train rides and mending the model of the Channel Tunnel. I dropped him off on Sunday and then went up the hill to look at a train set ‘wot I made’. Any ideas?

I had a walk along the Leas at Folkestone as well. 

The harbour arm cafés have opened but that area was rammed, with people queuing to park. It will be nice to visit after Easter when it’s calmed down a bit. Folkestone is reinventing itself as a foodie destination so it’s getting very interesting. 
In the meantime, I’m improving my bara brith. 

I’m now using a pizza stone under my loaf tins to avoid soggy bottoms, which means they cook through better without burning the top. 

Bella and Gracie send a purr to all your cats. 


And finally…

And for Jan…

I’m off to join in with WOYWW now. 

Take care and happy crafting 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

10 comments:

  1. I may have said this before, but it's been years since I visited Folkestone - it looks beautiful in the sunshine. Glad your single boobs are not going to waste! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re doing such a great job with the boobs (now there’s a sentence I didn’t think I’d be writing this morning, lol) keep up the good work! I’m thrilled that B is enjoying the volunteering so much, a good thing to be part of. I was reading about Folkestone and the foodie renaissance the other day, wonderful news for you two!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walking ares look beautiful. Great boobs 🙃 lovely photographs of your kitties. Happy WOYWW. Angela #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember holidaying in Folkestone and I loved it, many many years ago. Well done Folkestone on becoming the foodie place.
    Love Bara Brith, used to visit a shop that made the most delicious loaves on our way to the caravan in Anglesey,
    How many boobs have you done up to now? You are the boob maker of the area I bet.
    Hugs, Neet x 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of using a pizza stone to avoid soggy bottoms sounds a good one Lynne. Folkestone does look good in the sunshine - we must get round to visiting one day. Meow to Gracie and Bella. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Folkestone looks lovely - never been but often thought it would be nice to visit the other Hythe and surrounding areas! Well done on the boobs, glad they are accepting the single ones as well. The bara brith looks delicious and I like the tip about the pizza stone. Love the funnies, especially the palindromists.
    Hope you have a lovely week
    Diana xx #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever been to Folkstone but it looks lovely. I imagine it's like Lincoln in that it gets really busy during the holidays so it's better to stay at home until everyone is back at work. Well done with the boobies too. Loving the funnies. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellooo Lynne,Bella and Gracie 🤗💕 Yaaay for them accepting the single ones toooo ⭐💛⭐ It sounds like the ideal place to volunteer😘 Gorgeous photos ... here's to being able to go back when it's not so busy! Oh they look yuuuumy, great idea with the pizza stone ⭐ your funnies always make me smile wide, thank you💛 Have a lovely week, love and hugs Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant boobs Missus! Gosh I bet they’ll be really well received, and you’ve done a bucketful! Oh the alliteration continues! Great idea about the pizza stone under the loaf tins. Mmm, love me a lump of Barra Brith, I must have a go at it myself. It must be wonderful to look down the big hill and see your engineering achievement Lynne, my word it’s quite a legacy. Love the palindromes poster too, I’ve checked them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter, Lynn! I'd never heard of those boob balls before. interesting. Great tip on the pizza stone. I'll have to try that next time. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.