Tuesday 19 April 2022

WOYWW 672 cat blanket and Florentines

Hi all, I hope you all had a good Easter?  This week, I’ve not been crafting much. I’m making another cat blanket, just a simple C2C pattern. 

I wanted to make some special chocolates for Easter, so I thought I’d try Florentines. I filled the bottom of each square with pistachios, walnuts, almonds, apricots, ginger, mixed peel, and then covered them in chocolate. 

They didn’t look really like Florentines but they taste ok!

After we dropped off the boobs last week, we thought we’d have a look at a restaurant that’s recently been done up. It’s called the Pig at Bridge. It’s literally downstream from us as the Nailbourne, below, begins near Lyminge. 

It was famous in the 1960s for rock gigs. Led Zeppelin once even played there. Sadly, it was before my time. 

The restaurant was very busy, but they found us a quiet corner with an open door to this pretty courtyard. 
Their menu sources most food from less than 25 miles away and the food was delicious. 

Gracie and Bella send purrs to you all. 


And finally…



Take care and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 

11 comments:

  1. Cats do make great hot water bottles Lynne. The George and dragon funny was very cool too. That restaurant sounds great and the cat blanket is pretty. Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolates do look nice, but they were tasty, Glad your meal was enjoyable, always nice to fine a good place to eat,

    Love the funnies,
    Take care

    Lilian b #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocs look yum, you’re getting a dab hand at this - must reread Chocolat again! I was up til 2 one night cos I had to finish the Jodi Taylor, it was just a bit exciting! The cat blanket is fun, bet that ran up quickly, I’m nearly up to the 84 squares needed for the next charity blanket.
    HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a Florentine in ages. Used to eat them a lot in Switzerland. Yours look good - lots of chocolate.

    The Pig sounds delightful and the courtyard looks lovely just the place to be on a sunny day.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of nuts but they look good! The restaurant sounds good thanks for dropping by Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellooo Lynne, Gracie and Bella ... oh my those choccies look deeelish πŸ˜‹yum yum I feel a need for some chocolate now! The restaurant looks lovely,beautiful space with a story to tell 🎡🎢🎡🎢 Wishing yooou a gorgeous week ahead, love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great funnies, I had to look at the dragon one twice before the penny dropped :). I don’t know what a C2C pattern is,but I like it. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chocolates look good! The restaurant sounds nice. Hello, kitties! Have a great week!
    Carol N #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Florentines look delicious. Love pistachio and chocolate! I liked the funnies. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chocolates look lovely, I am not much of a chocolate lover (yes, those people excist *grin*) but these I would want to taste! And that restaurant... ohmy, I would have loved to see Led Zeppelin play live!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, enjoy your week! Love from Holland, Marit #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those florentines look yummy, love that cat joke
    Bridget #20

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.