Tuesday 19 July 2022

WOYWW 685: Tizzy, travels and travails

Hi all, I’m back for our weekly blog hop c/o Julia at the Stamping-Ground
I’ve not done a lot of crafting this week, partly because of the heat and also because we’ve been travelling!
Tizzy first: 

My first square is nearly finished.  That will make the main part of the back, then I’ll do smaller squares for the front and sleeves. 
Last week we had a lovely trip to south and west Wales: Penarth, Burry Port, Llanboidy, Pontyberem and Swansea. 
We saw LLJ and family. Biggest hugs after so long! I had sorted out some wool for Jan’s blankets. She never can resist doing this, even though I miss it the first time and have to get her to do it again for the camera 🤣

We stayed in the White House as well. 

It’s the original one, built by the Adams family before John Adams, who became 2nd USA President, built THE White House. 
Check out Jabajak Vineyard - it’s a lovely place to stay. 
As well as Jan and family, we saw Brian’s sister, his cousin and some other old friends. 
It was great to see them all after so long. 💕
Bella and Gracie are relaxing in the shade since we got home. 


We feed them Sheba fish soup in this weather. 
We have a fight on our hands at home. Pentland homes are building new houses at the entrance to the village and want to close the only twin track road between here and Folkestone or Ashford (A&E) for 6 weeks.  They’ve done no risk assessment of the effect on the community and seem to think it ok for emergency services to have to go via single track roads along with the whole village, combine harvesters etc. Grrrr! I’m reporting them to the HSE tomorrow. 

Anyway, onto my ‘and finally…’



Take care, stay cool and happy crafting!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x




8 comments:

  1. Good luck sorting out the road problem Lynne - 6 weeks with only single track roads sounds rather ridiculous. Glad you had such a good visit with Jan though. Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you both! I’m glad you had a good time at the vineyard and with cousins etc as well. The cats are happy you’re back, poor things in their thick coast in all the heat, Ron hasn’t enjoyed it much at all. Still, it’s definitely cooler so he’s happier now as am I!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you on Jan's and her here. Gotta love WOYWW, and yes, thank goodness the heat has abated. Back to tizzy soon, I expect. Some of your cat funnies will def. get sent on to my darling son, who is 100% a cat person. Love the selfie-with-mouse LOL!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see thakt you had a lovely visit with Jan and G.
    The White House sounds a good place to be.
    Keep up the fight Lynne, I am sure you will .
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your battle! looks like you had a great time catching up with Jan and Gordon and your other friends. I am feeling fine, no aches, seem to have been lucky with a mild dose, just can't wait for the test to show negative and get back to the office, the home set up is driving me insane and it's only day 2!! happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can get the road business sorted out, 6 weeks is a long time. It sounds like you had a wonderful time away. I used to work at a residential home called the White House. They telephoned one day and my daughter was in awe that the White House were phoning me 🤣🤣. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the pics of you and LLJ on her blog, so lovely to meet up with friends and that yarn looks fabulous! Hope you didn't melt over the last days at the other side of the North sea... temperatures are rising again in the Netherlands... have a nice, cool(er) sunday! Hug from HOlland, Marit #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cat funny! Great pictures, yes that yarn is squeeeeezeable! I'm here this week as I couldn't comment last week in this weeks post! So, Happy very late woyww!? Lyn #1

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.