Tuesday 13 September 2022

WOYWW 693 Tizzy adjustments

Hi all, I’m back for our weekly crafting bloghop care of Julia at the Stamping Ground
I think  many people have been affected this week by the death of the Queen. 
I’m not a royalist; it’s sad though that sometimes you only hear the best stories about someone after they’re gone. This is my favourite:
Anyway to my crafting: 


I’ve been making adjustments to my Tizzy cardigan this week. The limitation of the Tizzy pattern is that it makes only squares or triangles. This has made the front shoulder too narrow and I’ll have to add a triangle between the front and back (where the yellow pin is) to make it fit better. Something like this:


The sleeve I’ve done, a 20 inch square, works ok and I’m busy with the second one. I’m not yet sure how my altered shoulder will look - I may have to make a big collar to hide it. 

On Saturday we went to a private viewing at the Horsebridge Gallery in Whitstable, of beautiful art by Catherine Robinson, my friend and former T’ai Chi teacher.  
The collage below is my favourite:


It’s as if you’re lying on your back in the sea, looking up at the night sky and surrounded by perilous seas and boats. 

Gracie and Bella are mostly practicing hibernation for the winter but I caught this pretty snap of Gracie:
And of Bella sleeping
In 

And finally…


I have a scan this morning so won’t be commenting till later

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x


10 comments:

  1. Hope the scan goes well Lynne. What a lovely story about the late Queen. The beaten up dog funny is my favourite this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Lynne 😊 what a beautiful heartwarming story of the Queen ... thank you so much for sharing 💕 missed she will be. Here's to yoyr adjustments coming together ... I think your amazing ⭐ I wouldn't have a clue 😊 were to begin. The collage is stunning with the words to describe it ... love it! Hoping all goes well with your scan this morning 🙏 Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #13 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d read that story about the Queen, it’s wonderful. Hope the scan goes ok this morning, let me know how you get on. If anyone is going to work out how to makes squares and triangles into a cardi, it’s you, it’s going to look fab when it’s done. The Stairlift to Heaven made me laugh out loud, in recognition you understand 😁
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardi is looking great - I love the pattern but am super impressed that you are changing it as you go along - I've no idea how you even start to do that! The exhibition looks so interesting and that is a beautiful collage. Love the funnies this week, thanks for the smiles and I hope your scan goes well.
    Have a good week,
    Diana xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching story about the Queen. I hope the scan goes well and the results are okay. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very touching story about the Queen. I have heard so many lovely stories of her. I hope your adjustments to the Tizzy work out . the exhibition looks very interesting too. Ihope the scan went well. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne, I have to admit that I'm late getting round everyone today because we've been to the seaside for a day out, first time since Covid started so it made a lovely change and as hubby said let's go who was I to turn it down. Also we have a new puppy so it was her first time to see the sea. Our queen knew just the right way to deal with a situation. She was a very thoughtful person. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are managing to sort the Tizzy cardi out despite the limitations the shapes bring. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure your little alteration will be fine. The funnies were brilliant! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful collage!
    And a lovely story about the Queen...

    Happy WOYWW!

    I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week, even if late!
    Susan #5
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.