Tuesday 20 September 2022

WOYWW 694 One step forward…

Hi, back again for our crafty blog hop. 
I’m definitely going one step forward, two steps back this week, with my Tizzy cardi. I’ve sewn the top of the shoulder and undone it three times before arriving at this shape. 

In the meantime, I’ve unpicked other seams, including the sleeve seam (totally unnecessarily) but I’ve maybe now found a way forward. 
Here are the pieces I’ve yet to sew together. 


On Monday we went up to our village church for the state funeral on a big screen. We didn’t realise the vicar was driving it all via her mobile signal, including a surreal bit of buffering in the 2 minute silence (I think we did about 5 minutes!). Hymns were a bit like the game in BBC R4’s ‘Sorry I haven’t a clue’ where the song fades out and you have to continue, hoping to be in time when the music comes back. 
Still, it made it more real; I’ve never been to a funeral where everything went well, and it felt more like taking part than just watching on tv at home. 

Here’s a picture of Bella and Gracie looking like butter wouldn’t melt…Bella has brought three mice in this week alone. Brian’s getting very good at catching them and taking them outside again. 
And finally…



Take care and happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

10 comments:

  1. Hope you finally get there soon with the cardigan Lynne. Glad you watched the funeral in company. Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Sounds like the vicar needs better broadband. But the trade off to have a shared experience rather than watching at home alone was possibly worth it. Good luck getting Tzzy finally sorted - hope you will model her when it is done!
    Happy WOYWW from my bed with a bad back. Ugh!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lynne. Well done - you are getting there!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the tizzie comes together soon ! Your anecdote about the hymns made me smile . Glad the signal mostly held up ! Thanks for your early visit Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy’s comment: (I got confused with her double comment):
    Hellooo Lynne 🤗how are you doing? I take my hat off to you ... your a marvel with your Tizzie cardi ... I would be totally lost! Oh my I'm covering the wee 🐭 anes ears and eyes 😁 from what Bella and Graceie have been up tooo ... go Brian 👏⭐Sending you much love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing mice catching - both Bella and Brian! Love the funny with the corgies. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are exhibiting endless patience with the tizzy cardigan. I secretly hope it’s pure bloody mindedness too in not giving in to it! I’ve said I love the colours you chose and am now waiting with almost bated breath because you really are very close to finishing it now! Your funeral experience made me smile, the hymns were marvellous weren’t they, all quite well known. Not that I’d like to have been caught having to sing them without accompanying voices and music!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the hymn singing made everyone smile, your comment made me laugh but i feel for the vicar trying to sort it out, bless her. I’m sorry you’ve had problems sewing/unpicking Tizzy, was it tricky wool to undo?

    I won’t be around for the next couple of weeks, see you soon!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours of the cardigan. I wouldn't have your patience. Cute kitties, mine was forever doing the same. Anne x 22

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed with your patience with the cardigan and the colours are gorgeous. How nice to watch the funeral with others and singing along makes it so much more poignant. Take care, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#11)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.