Tuesday 1 November 2022

WOYWW 700!

Wow, 700 weekly blog hops of The Stamping Ground isn’t that just brilliant! Well done Julia and Jan! πŸ₯³πŸΎπŸΈπŸΈ
I’ve started a wavy sleeveless jumper for Brian. It’s crocheted in the round and uses the same yarn as my Tizzy ( I won’t want him to wear it at the same time πŸ˜€).


I braved our local pub last night for the first of a series of Stitch and Bitch sessions, raising money for Alzheimer’s UK. I was wearing my Tizzy cardigan. One of the knitters saw me crocheting the slipover and thought I was adding to my Tizzy cardigan while wearing it!
We had 3 beginners and 3 experienced knitters / crocheters. The 3 beginners were from the family who run the pub and they were keen to learn knitting. 
I promised to look out some of my Mum’s old knitting needles as I don’t use them now. (I got used to circular ones when knitting while commuting). She must have done lots of hard knitting- look how bent these needles are!
Gracie and Bella send purrs to your all

And finally…


Take care and happy 700th WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x







10 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun and the new group Lynne. The new cardigan already looks fab but I do love that colour combination. Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last funny made me laugh out loud - how often does that happen?! And your mum’s knitting needles are amazing, she must have used some force there to bend them like that. I’m so glad you got to the S&B in the pub, sounds like a good group of people crafting for a great cause.
    Happy 700TH!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. You will laugh when you see how Dear Son + Cat have taken over... You make me smile with your image of you and hubby dressed alike in Tizzy colours! Mine would KILL me before he would do that. And thanks for more funnies - all the CAT ones go right to my son!
    Happy 700th WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to have new members for your group, reusing stash as well!!!
    Love that you are still using up the Tizzy colours and the 'art of crafting' . . . that's my life!!
    Have a good week
    Christine #19

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet you had a great time at the club, I love ours and always look forward to a little bit of crafting and a lot of chatting. Look forward to seeing the new project develop. Happy 700th anniversay week and wishing you a very creative woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like the meet up at the pub was great fun; it made me chuckle to think of you knitting up your cardi whilst wearing it!! Happy 700 and to many more. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last funny was hilarious, the more so for being true 🀣. Well done for knitting for the charity. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn. Glad your cardigan has had its great outing to the knit club. I'm sure they all loved it. Good that you had new members who want to learn to be creative - brilliant.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 700th woyww! I am late with my visit but I managed to squeeze some time to look at desks this morning, and I like what I see! Those knitting needles... I love that they were from your mum and they tell a story! Thanks for your comment the other day, I'm surprised you remember the Sashiko-jacket... I will have to ask my son if he still has it (and/or wears it) but it was indeed one of my proud-making attempts to Sashiko. Have a great day/weekend dear. Love from the Netherlands. Marit #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love a group that crafts, and where better than a warm pub! . Also love co ordinating clothes..if you were a scrapbooker you wouldn’t be able to resist engineering him wearing the slipover when you wore your Tizzy, I’ve never done it deliberately but used to swoon when Jenny and Bart would end up in similar colours on holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.