Tuesday 15 November 2022

WOYWW 702 More vineyards

Hi all,
Here are the gloves I was working on last week



I’m now working on a scarf for her partner. I’m adding a few grapes and leaves but fewer than in the shawl I showed you last week, to make it a bit more ‘masculine’. 
Principally, this week, we’ve been dealing with the water company, who reported a 1000L leak per day from our water supply. They finally dug on Monday and decided the leak was ‘our side of the boundary’ and therefore our responsibility. I nearly came to blows with one of them who suggested I get my husband to come and take a photo - he thought I was being rude by saying that was sexist.  He redeemed himself when he ran his cat scanner up the side of the house for us, to locate the pipe we have to replace. It’s going to cost about £2000 and our house insurance has said it’s not covered.
It’s incredible to think you can have a large leak and it’s not visible. It’s just pouring into the ground, and Affinity Water didn’t  notice till they came to read the meter. If you see a cheap insurance for your mains water, it’s worth considering!
Bella and Gracie send purrs to you all. No new photos this week. 
And finally…




I’m off to join in the blog hop at The Stamping Ground Take care and happy WOYWW!
Hugs Lynnecrafts x




9 comments:

  1. Oh no about the water leak being where it is, what an absolute pain. And even more infuriating that your insurance doesn’t cover it (honestly, what do we pay that blooming money for, they never seem to honour claims…grrr). I’m so sorry that the bill for fixing is so huge, you won’t be seeing any result for the outlay. Sigh. I hope crafting those lovely gloves and the scarf will give you something to vent. Sending you hugs.
    LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the leak. Strange what you suddenly find out. I once went away and came home to find my drive had disappeared down a big hole. It was a culvert that started on the hillside miles away as a trickle but became a raging torrent at my property in wet weather. I owned that part of it and had to pay for the repair which cost a lot.
    No fun is it?
    Try to Have a great week despite, hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in fear of pipe damage happening . . . I was lucky back in the day when the pipe broke, it was in a joint entry way and deemed to be the waterboards . . . so thankful but now . . ..
    Peter only every insured his car. He took his guitar all over the world with him and always insured it . . . then one day it was knocked over while outside (by a child running past) wasn't too worried as it was in its case. The neck had completely snapped off and the insurance needed witness statements as to how, why, where it fell!! most of the partygoers were children and not of lot of folk saw it fall or realised it was broken. Needless to say they wouldn't pay up and Peter cancelled every bit of insurance after that!!
    Hope you can get it all sorted out and not too painfully.
    Love the gloves, look lovely and warm
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pipe work is scary as you never know when something might go wrong especially if you live in an old property. Hopefully you can get someone to fix it soon. However the gloves are looking lovely and look forward to seeing thwe new scarf. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant funnies this week, the leaking pipe more a tragedy. I didn’t know you were liable for leaking pipes on your property and I would have thought it would be covered under house insurance. So sorry it’s going to cost all that money. Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried commenting this morning but wasn't posting Lynne. Sorry to hear about the expense! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's bad news about the leak... but it does make you think about insuring if it's not covered under house insurance... on a happier note the gloves look great! I am going to have to get some out soon, it was quite cold on the way home in the rain tonight!! Thanks for your visit. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey! What a tale. That really is unfortunate and I agree, seems like they should have spotted the meter rolling on. And not covered? I mean why are they allowed to get away with not paying? That is what insurance is FOR. right? Honestly. So sorry for you and right before the holidays too. Your gloves are looking good and at least you have the funnies to make you smile!
    Happy WOYWW, late in the day!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Lynne I'm so sorry to read your news about the water and your insurance isn't covering it ... that's awful and the expense the last thing you need!
    On a happier note though ... I am in love with those gloves,your talent is never-ending... how I'd love to spend a day learning from you ⭐️💕💛Huge hugs to you Bella and Gracie with much love Tracy #14 xxx Thank you so much for stopping by xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.