Tuesday 25 October 2022

WOYWW 699 Et Voilร !

Et voilร !Here’s my Tizzy cardigan! Since someone just asked me online, I can tell you that it comprises 11.5 Tizzy squares. I feel like I’ve been doing it forever!


I’m pleased with how it swirls across the back and I’m so glad I added in the white. 

















The sleeves add to the swirly effect;

I think I might reset the pockets, though. 

The length was driven by my design choice of using 1 full Tizzy square plus a triangular half square for each front. This was a mistake which meant the front was too narrow at the shoulder and I had to do a lot of infill, plus it made the front so long I had to lengthen the back. 
Does it seem daft to say I’m missing the pattern already? I’m really tempted to do another, shorter one, with a wide square and a smaller one at the front. I 2
You know when something’s right, yes? Even small things can be so satisfying. When I put this petrol blue border around the edge it felt so much more finished. 


Bella and Gracie haven’t been keen on the final parts of my Tizzy work as I keep them away when I’m using a needle. Much compensatory cuddling needed๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป



On Sunday, we had the first Lyminge Farmers and Artisan market. 
The weather didn’t play nice but it was a good start. I was sad the wool stall didn’t turn up but there were: 
Kimchi and pumpkins (Very tasty kimchi)
Various card and jewellery stalls, a blacksmith, 
a ‘Less travelled lamb and pork’ butcher, a bit of fruit and veg and Gatehouse Farm who do good pies and baked goods. We were too late for their sourdough or scones but bought  a tasty steak and kidney pie. 
I hope they all find it worthwhile to come again! 
And finally…


I’m off to join in visiting desks now c/o Julia at the Stamping Ground
Take care and happy WOYWW!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts x

17 comments:

  1. Wow that tizzy cardigan is spectacular Lynne - love the colours!!! Hope the market returns with wool stall next time. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tizzy is a triumph! I especially love the way the triangles meet in the centre of the back and the colours are so you!! Why not make a shorter one, you know all the shortcuts and pitfalls now, how about one in fiery reds and oranges? Glad the market was good, let’s hope it becomes permanent.
    Give Bella and Gracie a scritch from me, we are missing Ron a lot.
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! Loving Tizzy, she is a whirlwind isn't she? And you want to begin another already!? My GOODNESS! So enjoying the funnies and really that Flying School is hysterical! Glad fairs and things are making a bit of a come-back but not everywhere. Lucky you. Happy WOYWW Day!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooot whoot Lynne ⭐️๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงถ looooving seeing you in your Tizzy ๐Ÿ˜ how happppy you look as you twirl ⭐️๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿ’Ÿ adore the border you added ... your talent knows no end! Exciteeeed to see what comes next ๐Ÿ’› Hellooo to Bella and Gracie as well, contented they are ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ So glad you enjoyed the first of many markets to come ๐ŸŽƒ adore the bairn sat atop the pumpkins ๐Ÿ˜˜ tooooo your funnies that always make me smile ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿง™‍♀️๐Ÿงน๐ŸŽƒ Sending yooou the hugest of hugs with much love Tracy #16 xxx
    P.S
    Thank yooou for stopping by, I hope you found your wellies and joined in with the wiggle wiggle wiggle tooo the quackity beat ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคช☺️๐Ÿ˜ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been one of those mornings for me...the lady coming for the two memory bears forgot to come! and the bridesmaid came with the bride for he fitting and they wanted a memory bear too....I guess some you win and some you lose. I've now made the memory bear and she's really rather special [will show and tell in 2 weeks].
    I really love the Tizzy colours....well done you for finishing it.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great "Tizzy" love the colors and it will be so perfect for this changing weather. Hope your Fairs continue, our Fall/Harvest Arts/Crafts were in full force in all the bigger towns around here once again. I was not able to attend any the past 2 wks will see about the next few weekend. Enjoy a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is a celebratory posting - the Tizzy is finished and modelled by one very industrious lady. Lovely, I love the colours you chose and yes, the white works perfectly.
    The farmers market looks good to me, I love a good famers market.
    Hugs, looking forward to the next Tizzy.
    Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cardigan, love the swirly effevt and the colours are to die for. BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one cosy cardigan and how cute is that baby sitting on the pumpkin? Enjoy your week, Lynne! xx zsuzsa #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, the finished Tizzy! it's fabulous and I hope you love wearing it - it looks very snuggly! Have a good week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous effects on your cardi and such a pleasing colour combo! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cardi looks great but I'm sure you will find something else to occupy you but I can understand you will miss working on it. Loving the funnies too. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cardigan is spectacular! You will get admiring looks whenever you wear it. Lovely to visit a farmer’s market. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cardigan is amazing and looks so good on you! I know the feeling when something's finished... it's both satisfying and sad 'cause it's done. I bet you have that other one on your needles by now *grin* I love joining woyww this week after a long time absence; it's good to see what everyone's up to and catch up a bit. Have a great day dear, love from Holland. Marit #3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that cardigan is a triumph Lyn, it’ll be a lovely warm snuggled when the weather turns. Well done you, I totally agree about the petrol blue edge, it’s a good sort of keyline! I also agree that you should think about doing the shorter version too, it is a great pattern! Glad to know your farmers market has started up again, am looking forward to our first this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynne. WELL DONE!!! A brilliant cardigan - and I confess I love the fact that it is so long - you certainly won't be cold this winter, no matter what the temperatures go down to!!! Congratulations - a huge project.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that cardi is lovely and snuggly - the colours are divine! - and I so get what you mean about the border. Playing catch up this week as ever, Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindy xx #14

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.