Tuesday 7 March 2023

WOYWW 718 Muscle memory

Hi all, and happy International Women’s Day! sorry not to visit many desks last week. Let me show you my crafting and then I’ll come back to that. 

After showing you that photo of the lady cuddling my twiddler last week, I thought I’d do more. These are just the basic sleeves and I’ll add the twiddles later. It’s funny how much knitting is in my muscle memory. As long as I don’t think too hard, techniques like casting on with my thumb are automatic. I’ve not knit for 3 years but it’s surprisingly easy to go back to. 
The post-infection crash came back last week, hence my only visiting a few desks. Doctors say they don’t know what it is, but any time I have trouble with my lungs, I get a week or more of total exhaustion and achiness. Fortunately, it’s going now. 

Thanks for all your responses to my questions- I’m thinking about the cover design for my novel, which will be published in May! 
I’ll let you know when I’ve more news. 

Gracie and Bella have been cuddling up to me. Gracie is fond of kefir so she dips her paw into my empty glass (before it goes in the dishwasher!) then licks her paw clean.. It’s so cute!


Bella teaches cuteness at the purrcademy. They both send you purrs! 

And finally…


Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx


10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been poorly Lynne and glad you are on the mend. The twiddlers are looking fabulous with the different stitches and vibrant colours. Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab colours for your twiddlers Lynne. I find choosing colours is half the fun in making them. Hope you are soon back to full health. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am sorry you’ve been rough again, it’s bad enough having the infection never mind the two weeks’ fatigue as well. At least you have two gorgeous cats to keep you snuggly and warm xx. The twiddlers are fab, such lovely bright colours and perfect for someone to cuddle and be calmed. How funny that we’ve both been knitting after a break, I don’t know why my thumb doesn’t hurt with knitting rather than crochet but hey ho, if it works don’t worry eh?!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx
    PS On an engineering note, I cooked two lots of meals yesterday using only the power from the solar panels, now that was satisfying lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, you have to be patient with recovery don’t you. Hope you feel more like hopping about each day. The beginnings of the twiddlers are lovely, so cheerful! Am impressed by the extent of your muscle memory with knitting. You must have done a lot of it at some point because I never did much and can’t remember a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell, I hope you are on the mend now. I had to laugh at Gracie as I often feel the amount of kefir left clinging to my glass is such a waste - Gracie has just the right idea of waste not want not! I love the colours of the twiddlers - they will certainly liven up someone's day!
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear how you are feeling, nothing worse than fatigue.
    Gosh, those twiddlers will brighten someone up when they get one, hope we see them plus the twiddles.
    Just be careful what vessels you use with things the kitties like. I remember my cat getting her head stuck in a soup bowl, she was so funny but it was scary trying to release her.
    Get well woon.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely cheery bright twiddle muffs! Fab. But sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. Hopefully it won't last - but then I am still feeling the effects of Covid from Christmas and I have tried wishing it away to no avail. Thaks for the smiles every week from the funnies!
    Happy WOYWW, on the day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rainbow coloured 🌈 joy right there Lynne, loving seeing your Twiddlers bring born ❤️😍 but I'm so sorry you've not been do well πŸ˜” wrapping you up close in get well wishes ⭐️ take good care of yourself . Exciteeeed for your new book ehoot whoot not long to go 🀸‍♀️πŸ’•πŸ€© Sending kisses to Bella and Gracie ❤️🐈❤️🐈Your funnies always make me laugh ... this week the first one so true πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜…Sending love and hugs Tracy #19 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that at least you are recovering now, hope you feel much better soon. Love the twiddler and love that the knitting has come back to you so easily! Happy WOYWW Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours of your twiddlers are fantastic, great job. Hugs BJ#11

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.