Tuesday 21 March 2023

WOYWW 720 When it’s spring again…

Hi all,
No not tulips and hamster jam but daffodils. 
(Sorry if I’ve caused an ear worm 😉).
Brian is going to his uncle’s funeral next week. He was a supporter of Glamorgan cricket club and everyone’s been asked to wear daffodils. 

The ones on the right are too big for buttonholes but the lower left hand one will be ok when I’ve sewn on a brooch back. 
Work on the cannula sleeves continues and I’m up to number 9. 

When I’ve done 10, I’ll switch to sewing up and making twiddles. 

Bella and Gracie often change their favourite sleeping spots. At the moment, it’s the basket on the settee above the radiator. 
We put a basket at the other end but they’ve shown no interest yet, despite the bribe of Dreamies I left in it(apart from reaching in to eat them 😻)
Bella also likes the arm of the settee where she can get stereo fussing. 


And finally…,


I’m going to London today for the first time in 3 years so will mainly comment from tomorrow. I’ll let you know all about it next week. 
Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

12 comments:

  1. The Houdini cartoon made me laught Lynne. Hope your trip to London goes OK. The crocheted daffodils are wonderful despite the sad occasion. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little daffs will be perfect for the occasion. I am trying to make some for a twiddler but I need to use smaller needles and maybe 4 ply to make them small enough. Well done on the cannula sleeves. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well at the book launch and you enjoy your trip to London! The daffodils are a great idea, I’m sure everyone will wear them to the funeral, it’ll be nice to see Brian again even though it’s for a sad reason. Great work on the twiddlers, I’m sure you’ll make some fun twiddly bits to attach, you’re very clever at doing these patterns. Cat in the Basket looks very content, I have to say, lol!!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crocheted daffs are lovely. I can see the ones you deem too large ending up on a scarf at some time, that would be lovely wouldn't it
    Lovely cat photos as usual, very photogenic are your two.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crocheted daffs....I'm sure you will find a use for the larger ones.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors and gorgeous cats. All we need in life add a few snacks and we are all set ! Playing catch up, time flies by hoping my computer issues are done just no printing with my home computer so have issues with my group postings. I didn't think at my age I've have so many frustrations. Now covid is back in the area. SO we are being careful. We just got rid of snow this week will be in the 40's No green, or flowers just MUD. So I feel we are only headed for better things, ENJOY a great week HAPPY WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the daffodils and your cannula sleeves look very colourful. Your cats have beautiful faces. Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the daffodils and I bet when the others see Brian wearing one of those they will all want one. Your kitties look very comfy, they know all the best places for a nap. Loving the funnies too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on the cannula sleeves. I hope you've had a good day in London, I think the weather was probably good to you, it's been quite nice here today. looking forward to hearing about it next week helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the daffodils, wore my crocheted one of St David's day. Mine could really do with pressing. I just sew safty pins on the back of mine - LOL. Hugs BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice idea for the daffodil buttonhole, a real one wouldn’t look much after a long journey, huh. I’m a day late so am able to hope you had a good day in the city, I hope completely different to the last time you spent time in the capital willing Brian better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the crocheted daffodils!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #6

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.