Tuesday 17 October 2023

WOYWW 750 Congratulations!

Hi deskers - 750 editions of What’s on your workdesk Wednesday! It’s an amazing achievement. Well done to Julia, Jan and to us all for such persistence!πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸŽŠ
You can join any time. See Miss Julia at the Stamping Ground.
My desk this week is a blocking board. More below. 


Feeling so sad about the news this week and angry for the war crimes on both sides of the Israel- Palestine conflict. As Bertrand Russell said: 

I’ve invested in a blocking board for my baby blanket squares. 


I’m really appreciating my chevron blanket now the weather’s colder and so are the cats, especially Gracie. 

Bella still likes a previous make, my cat stitch shawl. They both send purrs to you all. 



I found this fantastically simple tip on Facebook for when you’re crocheting a long chain and don’t want it to twist: here
At my art class we finished with winter veg:
I must get bolder with my tones. A top tip from our tutor is to keep a square of Fablon or any sort of sticky-backed plastic in our pencil case - it’s a great eraser. Next week we’re drawing hands. 

We had a lovely time at the Perry Court Apple Fayre on Saturday. Hundreds of varieties of apples and pears with amazingly detailed histories:


Lots more choice of squashes
And traditional English martial arts:🀣





On Sunday we sold a few more books at Sellindge farmers market


And finally



Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs 
Lynnecrafts xxx

12 comments:

  1. What a great still life Lynne. Love those squares for the baby blanket too. Glad you sold some more books! Meow to Bella and Gracie. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still chuckling at those funnies. Look at all those gorgeous apples! The colours are amazing. Have seen quite a few morris dancers this year - feel like there is a bit of a resurgence! The news is awful and I find myself trying to block it out as it is all so awful. Not a very mature response but better for my mental health. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely my crochet queen.Lovely work as always.
    What a lot of apples, so many varieties. I like trying the different ones at Sizergh when we go up there. Good to see the `Morris men.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that blocking board is a great idea, I’ve never used one, do you have to moisten the yarn at all and let it dry? I’m off to have a look at that crochet chain tip, I’ve never had a problem with it twisting but then I do very little in the round. I love the colours you’re using! The apple fair looked really fab and I loved all your pics, thanks for sharing - hooray for selling more books too!!
    Lots of love to you both, catch up soon. I’ve had Eric, Jill and my niece from NZ plus her partner staying, they’ve had the best of the weather before it turns later on today.
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great board for your squares. When I did crochet I never had anything like that. How handy! Love the pics of the sweet kitties they are so cuddley! Hope you have a good rest of the week!
    Glenda #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much appreciate the tip about crochet chain . . . thank you
    happy blocking . . .
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH wow some really great photos. Looks like lots of fun. My fav is the crochet pieces. Always love to do and see, my time with grandmother were learning her favorite art. Fall is giving me enjoyment, with 70's and great colors, my favorite time of the year. Birds are heading south, so we see lots of different varieties I've been avoiding news It's just so sad destruction and loss of life for no normal reason. Enjoy the week and have fun with all the things you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those apples look delicious and those squashes are some varieties I have not seen before. May you keep the book sales going. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a varied week . The apples all look very tasty. As always, great funnies. Happy woyww Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. That blocking board will come in handy. Those are some beautiful squares.

    Glad Gracie likes the new quilt. Now Bella has the other one to herself.

    What an amazing apple fair. Not like anything we have here. I never realized there were so many varieties.

    Interesting funnies, especially the can of tuna! Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pleased to see the blankets are appreciated! and you've had an interesting week so far. Late today so going round as quick as poss. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the opposite problem, so heavy handed my toning had to be toned down! Good luck with the HANDS, OMGee they aren't easy! That is a great blocking board, you're so prolific that I doubt if it gets much rest! The apple fair looks fascinating, I enlarged to ear some of the labels, wow. I like the sound of a 'brisk' apple..how very English a description!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.