Monday 15 March 2021

WOYWW 615 The Glue Question

Hi all, back again for another weekly peek at what we’re up to courtesy of Julia at The Stamping Ground. I see in comments people apologising for “being late”. I don’t know what everyone else thinks, but I’m happy for people to read my blog any time. 
I’m also one for a messy desk, and here’s my mask adapter box. 


I like to seal the bags with 💙 labels, to honour the NHS. I really must sort it out as our vaccination centre is re-opening. 
I made myself a headband as I’m fed up of my hair. I have an appointment to get it cut, but not till 19th April. 

I can wear that in public, unlike my dragon and daffodil headband that I wear for rugby matches. 


It must be working anyway as Wales are in with a good chance of winning the Grand Slam 😀



The glue question 
However, at the moment, I’m rather taken by an origami project. I know, paper!🤣
I’ve dabbled in origami for a while, but as single objects, not needing glue.  I saw online a Chinese thread box. From the outside it looks like a booklet, and when you open it, it has lots of little storage boxes. You can see the pink ones opening here, but there’s another layer below them. 

Now for that I need glue. The glue rollers on Amazon all seem to have mixed reviews. Are there any that work well in your expert opinions, please ? 
I’d rather not invest in a glue gun unless it’s absolutely the only thing that works. Many thanks for any advice you can offer. 








Thea
Madame Thea made me laugh this week. She seems to like her fleece jumper to sleep on, but B inadvertently stuck his foot out of the covers, and woke to find her scratching the sole of his foot. He was not amused. 
Here she looks as if butter wouldn’t melt, as usual. 
Spring


Spring is definitely here. These grape hyacinths pop up on our front path every year. Tough as nuts but they make me smile. 

And finally....
Working on railway construction projects, particularly HS1, my assistant  used to ask me if I needed anything before she left. My standard response on a Friday night was “A time machine, a gin and tonic and an AK47” none of which I could have, as I sat (often till 10pm) with a phone in each hand, trying to organise the weekend works. 
People who thought they could go ahead without having planned their works were a particular bugbear. 
There was a BBC programme when we were building the Channel tunnel that has my voice coming over the intercom from the Control Centre, saying 
“I don’t care if you’re making a film. You cannot film in the running (rail) tunnel now as we have PLANNED train tests. So come out of the running tunnel NOW and shut the door behind you.” 
I would have loved to have this on my wall:

Happy St Patrick’s day


And here’s one for NASA

Stay safe all, and keep crafting!
Hugs
Lynne

15 comments:

  1. I still have to book a hair appointment for after April 12th Lynne. Luckily I got one the day before lockdown so it's not too bad. Love the blue hearts - a great NHS tribute. Stay safe. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. your spring flowers look fab! I've not done origami so not sure about glue. don't have a glue gun. Happy WoyWW Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love origami but haven't done any for years and none that needed glue. I love the glue tapes but haven't used any for years so can't advise I'm afraid. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#11)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Lynne. So thrilled to see the daffodils and dragons - personally don't see why that one can't be worn the whole time... but... I suppose... if you live in England it might pose a problem:-) Well done on making the second headband. I haven't been to the hairdresser since Feb 2020, so mine can now be put up in a ponytail!
    The origami box looks great - all the best with it - hope you find the right glue. Can't advise, I'm afraid, as I am useless with glues - can't decide which is best for whatever I do...
    Love the St Patrick "and finally"!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I do love your Welsh head band! They are doing superbly well and goodness I do miss going to games although as an England fan I was exhausted at the end of Saturday! Glue wise, I have an ATG gun for my tape but it is quite large and probably wouldn't work for such a petite project. If it were me, I would use either a roll of very thin DST (instant, clean, but annoying that you have to peel the backing off) or Tombow wet glue (not instant so you get a bit of wiggle room). Let me know if you want to try the Tombow as I have a load I purchased for a class that couldn't go ahead! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the story at the end, lol, not even the BBC should have dared to disrupt your tests!! I liked the And Finally funnies too, especially the frogs... :-D. So sorry but can’t help re the glue, I used double sided tape for all my cards and even roll out the little foam pads if I’m feeling fancy (!) but Dom’s know what would be best for the origami which looks very intriguing.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful spring flowers and I enjoyed the funnies ~ Maybe I'll try your project and use the glue I use and see if it works then come back and comment :) Enjoy your week! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the video and the one I found was all in centimeters not inches, and It also looks pretty challenging...I don't think I can try out my glue for you. I hope someone can help!

      Delete
  8. Good idea with the hair band. My only appointment will be missed as it should be this Saturday so I'm hoping my hairdresser will make contact when they are ready to reopen. Now glue is an interesting one. I always have my glue gun at the ready as they are so useful for all kinds of things. The best wet glue I have ever used is Tombow and the containers never block which is a nice change from some others but I also use glue runners too for when I need a quick fix they are by Create and Craft. Have a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x18x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My comment just disappeared! Now what did I say? Oh yes the funnies are very funny. Laughed out loud at the St Patrick one and the witch one would be good on a Halloween card. I would use a good quality glue stick, UHU is my favourite, the cheap ones often come unstuck. Or glue tape pens are good, but there is no leeway. Once it is down it’s stuck! Have a great week Angela #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hairband, Lynne. I've got a box of metal hairband bases and really need to think about decorating them! I don't know what glue would be best for origami but there's nothing like a hot glue gun for instant sticking of 3-D paper stuff - I couldn't make flowers without it. It sounds as if you have a pretty high powered job. Absolutely loved your funnies this week - the St. Patrick one had me roaring with laughter!!

    Very amused about your little butter-wouldn't-melt this week - I've got one too!

    Thank you for your visit - none of the embellishments have got embroidery on them yet (well, maybe one or two) and I wasn't thinking of having any silhouettes except maybe some back views of whole cats. Lots of planning still to do. Don't worry - there's no way I'd sell the kitties!! Anyway, you can't sell animals on Ebay! So they are safe and sound. I loved hearing about your almond harvesting adventures. What fun you must have had. My almond pulp hummus has tahini in it as one of the main ingredients. I've been struggling this afternoon trying to work out how to grind up the too-coarse pulp as my hubby isn't over keen on the new hummus. I used every machine in my kitchen and none of them worked! I tried drying it out and ended up cooking it which wasn't brilliant but at least it was grindable. I told my hubby we'd be eating weird hummus for a while till I get this problem sorted.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynne, the EM and I are still chuckling at your Channel Tunnel story and those funnies made me laugh out loud too, especially the frogs one - if only! I like your hairbands. I was forced to buy a few too - anything to keep the lockdown locks out of my eyes. Good luck with the sorting out of that box. Elizabeth x #24

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hair band! My gdaughter would love that! Laughed at the cartoons! Anything could be going on on Mars! Sorry I'm soooo late! Stay Safe! Keep crafting. Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #19

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Daffodil and dragons headband!
    I have a selection of glues... but I rarely use a glue stick. My favourite wet glue is cosmic shimmer.
    Sorry I am only just getting round to visiting.
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #11

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your funnies, they made me smile - can't decide if I liked the frog one or the rover one best. Great hairband, kind of thing my gal would make. Glue - well my fave is cosmic shimmer. Glue sticks are a waste of time and glue guns not really suitable. Tape runners are good, but can work out expensive - I find that lately I have been using up my huge stash of double sided tape. Bit more fiddly but works and won't wrinkle your paper. Yes isn't it lovely that Spring has sprung!! Just loving it. I won't apologise for being late, I just don't always do things in a sensible order or a timely fashion. Happy WOYWW Cindy #22

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.