Wednesday 14 December 2022

WOYWW 706 Keeping warm with vines

Hi all, I hope you’re keeping warm in this chilly weather! I’ve resorted to merino base layers. 


The eagle-eyed among you, mentioning no names, Jan, spotted that last week Gracie was on my lap next to a new piece of crochet. It was the start of this. Brian has always secretly liked the embroidered suit Gram Parsons wore do I’m making him a vineyard slipover for his birthday in January. It will later have leaves sewn on like my recent scarf. I ordered the wool online and it’s a bit lighter in weight than I thought. Brian likes it but I may do a double layer of it. I’ll see. I do like the way the grapes stick up with the puff stitches!


The leaves are fun to crochet when I’m bored with to and fro crochet or when I’m in the car. 



There’s been much vying for my lap this week- I suppose I’m a useful heat source😻😻
I’ve taken more photos of our water meter this week than anything else. 
We have to take the second meter reading for our water on Thursday, and then we’ll see how Affinity Water makes amends. I’m still disgusted by how they refuse to invest in water meters with leak alarms (unlike Thames) while exhorting us all to save water. 

And finally…



I’m off to blog hop at Julia’s Stamping Ground

Take care and enjoy your crafting!

Hugs

Lynnecrafts x

9 comments:

  1. Old eagle eyes Appleton, that’s me lol! The slipcover is coming along a treat and I love the puff stitch grapes (now there’s something I didn’t think I’d be saying today!) I think Brian will look very fine and channel his inner Gram Parsons.
    Glad you’re doing ok, I’m sounding less Marlene today 😁
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those warm crochet items look so good for warmth. Funnies with the cats and tree made me smile. Keep warm good luck with water issues, It seems simple things are the hardest to have anyone repair. Enjoy a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that last funny made me laugh out loud 🤣. Brian will look very dapper in his waistcoat. I think the water companies are dreadful when they don’t sort out their own pipe work. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful piece of crochet - so creative. x xJo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're helping keep the cats warm! love the new woollie, lucky Brian! re the phone battery - had a new one in Lockdown (2 I think) as it died on me then completely.... I am due an upgrade so might fined time over Christmas to get to a phone shop! Hope you sort the water, eventually! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat funnies really made me smile, love them. Your crochet just looks better every time I see them. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely looking woollie Lynne. Can't wait to see the finished article. Hope you get things sorted out re the water bill. Meow to the kitties - the give me a cat funny made me lol. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love all the grapes on and around your blog . . . . the slip over will look fab and be sooooo warm. Well done you!
    My Peter used to sleep under cats all year round so I did have a good belly laugh with your picture . . thank you
    Christine #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynne! Inky says she could wrap the mice in bacon, but they might be a bit crunchy! Snuggles to Bella! She looks very comfortable in your lap. The sweater looks very interesting at this stage, looking forward to seeing it finished! I love the tree comic! We actually had a cat pull down a tree many years ago! Hope everything works re the water bill, Lindart #16

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.