Tuesday 20 December 2022

WOYWW 707 Happy Christmas!

Hello my blog friends and happy Christmas to you all!

Something I really enjoy about Christmas is rediscovering decorations from friends and family. The Christmas pudding above was made for me by Jan a few years ago and it’s one of my favourites. 
Here’s my crafting for this week - I’m crocheting rib for B’s birthday slipover. Bella’s helpingšŸ˜»



The fairy on the top of my tree is as old as I am. 
The angel below her is much younger. For my Mum’s 85th birthday we had a weekend in London with her. When we took her to St Paul’s, she told me how she’d been up in the Whispering Gallery with my father 65 years before. I persuaded an official to let us use the evacuation lift so we could go up there. We went to the Tower of London as well and this is my favourite photo of her

I think of her a lot at Christmas. 

Anyway, Bella and Gracie send purrs to you all. They’re VERY interested in their Christmas pressies (big catnip fish). 
And finally…
B mentioned a Welsh cartoon that said Lionel Messi gets bara brith sent to him every week, but as always on Facebook, it disappears as soon as you look for it…



Happy WOYWW and happy Christmas to you all
Hugs Lynnecrafts x

 

12 comments:

  1. Are you sure Bella is helping with the ribbing?! I love the tree decorations and the photo of your Mum with the Beefeater is just gorgeous. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas xx Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can see why you love the puddling so much, and it came from a dear friend as well. Same goes for the fairy, nothing like nostalgia at Christmas
    Lovely photos bringing happy memories.
    Hugs & Merry Christmas, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, loving the funnies and the Christmas pudding. Our faory looks a bit like yours and I know she is really old too. I hope your Christmas is full of smiles. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Lyn, Bella really looks very helpful in the production of the rib! Good company if not productive! Like you, my tree is decorated largely with sentimental decs, each Christmas is a lovely reminder, and really a great motivation to get the tree done; without them I’m not sure I’d be so keen, it takes quite a long time!
    Have a lovely happy Christmas, the kitties will be largely out of it, I suspect, once the catnip is open!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, it’s nice to see the Christmas pud again! I really enjoyed making those felt decorations, blanket stitch is a soothing thing to do. Loved seeing your angel again, I remember her from days of old. The photo of your mum is fab too, such a character! Hope you and Brian have a wonderful Christmas, stay warm and well.
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the funnies.
    Hoping you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute picture of Bella helping with the crochet. What a lovely memory to have and how kind of St Pauls to let you use the evacuation lift. I hope you have a lovely Christmas,
    Diana xx #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun post. lots of great photos. And it's a wonderful photo of your mum. A treasure for sure. May you and yours enjoy a great holiday season and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very happy Christmas x Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my the photo of your mum is priceless, one to scrapbook if you scrapbook that is - LOL Meanwhile I have just received my 288 photos to do! Sending Christmas Warmth and Hugs BJK#9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! Still chuckling at the cat funnies, especially the last one! The Christmas Pudding ornament is so cut, no wonder it's your fav! Bella looks like a good helper, and the photo of your Mum is wonderful - so full of joy! Have a very Merry Christmas! Hugs to the kitties, hope they enjoy their Christmas too! Lindart #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pudding, so cute. And as ever the funnies make me laugh. WAY more into the whole cat thing lately LOL!
    Late WOYWW, sorry - COVID in da' house :(

    Happy Healthy Merry Christmas to you!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.