Tuesday 11 April 2023

WOYWW 723 Frenchifying my cover

Hi all,
I hope you’ve had a good Easter break. We’ve stayed at home but we made chocolates together on Sunday, which was nice. You always need at least three hands at a time when making chocolates. 
Here’s a photo of the first samples. They’re almond, walnut, apricot and ginger with 70% Valrhona chocolate.  
I’ve been painting my novel cover again. 

I was pleased with it as an image. Brian posed as ‘dodgy man pretending to read a paper’ (he wants royalties 🤣) but it wasn’t Parisian enough. I refuse to stick the Eiffel Tower in the corner, but I’ve added the name of the cafe, a Metro entrance and I’ve changed the coffee for a glass of wine. It’s still in progress but you can hopefully see it on my desk below.

I’m much happier with my Inktense pencils now I’ve learned to brush the point onto a palette with a water brush so they can be manipulated like watercolour. 
I’ve got to get on with it - my publisher has started working on the manuscript! 
Gracie stays in more but Bella has been making the most of the garden. 

The flowers are over on the apricot trees but the greengage is doing well. 

And finally…





Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

10 comments:

  1. Me again! Meant to say that the Dory cartoon made me hoot, I’m so terrible as keeping to one project at a time!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be very interesting to see how your sketches get interpreted :) And your funnies made me hoot! Can't help but thing the jail one is about a certain Cheeto-faced goon and his lawyers, literally all of them LOL!
    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't visit in a long time I guess 'cause what? You wrote a book? And are drawing the cover? WOWZAH, congrats! Enjoy your day, hug from Holland. Marit #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the cover ! The photos are great and as for Dora ! Fab !! Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Dory cartoon, that’s me! That chocolate looks good, bet it tasted good too. Happy WOYWW Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. The funnies are brilliant...it seems lots of can relate to the Dory cartoon :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you manage to get the cover finished in time. Loving the funnies and the kitty pics too. Wishing you a very happy belated woyww, Angela x7x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great funnies. The dog one was hilarious. Happy crafting. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those chocolates look gorgeous and much more appetising than a supermarket easter egg!! Hope you get your cover finished soon, hubby should have had a beret on. I have just checked - I have a big tin of inktense pencils, I've never used them and didn't realise that was what you should do. Better do some research lol!! Happy WOYWW love n hugs Cindy xx #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I agree about not sticking the Eiffel Tower in the corner, I mean you might as well put the Brian figure on a bike with a beret and a string of onions!😁 how about a gingham tablecloth and a Lautrec poster on the wall?!! I must say I really admire your setting to and devising the cover too, that part of being published hadn’t occurred to me! Hope you’re enjoying it all. Loving the chocolate recipe, although I’m rubbish at grown up flavours like stem ginger, I have a Mr Dunnit who would wolf a chunk of that with a smile!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.