Tuesday 25 April 2023

WOYWW 725 Painting and bluebells


Hi all, I’m back again, bloghopping with you all via Julia's Stamping Ground blog.
Here’s my desk this week. I’ve been using some washi tape on my ATCs, but that’s all I‘m saying for now 😉. 

My cover is working better with decent watercolour paper. I’ve shown it to a friend who used to be an art teacher and he may do some work on a version of it. 🤞🏻🤞🏻


We had a lovely day at Hole Park Gardens for the bluebells. They had lots of other pretty spring flowers as well, like these magnolias. 




Lots and lots of bluebells
An old ice house
And nice places to sit. This has a bear mosaic- part of the Barham family’s coat of arms. The cafe was good as well. We had quiche and salad before the walk and came back to tea and cake afterwards. 

I’m keen on finishing my ‘Frieda Kahlo’ cardigan so I’ve made more progress on it. 

I was asked last week how to use a Nostepinne so here’s a video link. How to use a Nostepinne
I like a short one (about 6” [oo’er Missus, LLJ 🤣)]  so mine are made by Les Smith in Darlington (roleswoodcraft). 
I had a moment of madness the other day and nearly bought a Picasso. There was an auction of Picasso ceramics at Sotheby’s and some were valued at £4k-£6k. I thought that might be a better investment than most savings and I did like the chicken pot. 



It went for nearly £10k and every time someone bid, Sotheby’s extended the time till the end of the auction so I stopped. Some items, the highly decorated ones, went for £250k or more. It was a nice dream for a little while!

Gracie was practising looking regal this week.
Bella just wanted the sunshine door and didn’t want to pose. 

And finally…
This is my favourite card - I hoarded it for ages but then sent it to my godson for his birthday. 

I’m watching Race around the World on BBC. It’s across Canada (with great scenery) so there are lots of potential bear food opportunities….

Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xxx


8 comments:

  1. I've seen a version of the joke with 'It won't get me, I'm a squirrel' as the punchline as well. The book cover is coming on really well Lynne. Those bluebells are a stunning display - glad you had a good day out. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A Picasso. That's amazing, but yeah, a bit underhanded to keep changing the time for the auction. Looking forward to seeing Frida done, an sad the Gill I live in is in Dorset not Kent - Hole Park Gardens look amazing!
    Happy WOYWW (back to being on time!)
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day out! I love this time of year . . . all the hidden flowers appearing.
    Can see why you liked the chicken . . . bit too pricey for me as well!!
    Have a good week
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we all loved the card! The bear menu made me smile too! How lovely are those gardens, you had a beautiful day to explore - I do love bluebells, they remind me of my mum. I really liked that chicken pot and can see why you had a go to bid for it, you’re right, probably better return than savings - shame that it escalated too far.
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just spluttered put loud reading the card 😆😁😅love that Lynne!What a gorgeous place to spend time,surrounded by beauty ... gorgeous photos 📸 Loving the Picasso ,what a beauty that would have been and can see why you wanted to have a go at the bidding 🤗 Sending purrs to your gorgeous girls along with love and hugs for you Tracy #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the art being better investment but done for holding back in the end! i've been enjoying the Race across Canada too. the photos are fabulous - looks an amazing place. the silver daisy bush is in a temperate (unheated) greenhouse yes. I love it! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love that mad cow card, just forwarded to my sister and daughters. In fact I may print it out for my craft room. Somethings just make me laugh. Wow Picasso! Think that is mean extending the auction time, I wonder if it had a reserve figure so they couldn’t let it go at the price it had reached. Hole Park Gardens looks a lovely place to visit. Have a great week.Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the funnies. So sorry i'm so late, blogger keeps signing me out and I have to start all over again! Love the bluebells, reminds me when I was younger and we could pick them! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.