Tuesday 5 December 2023

WOYWW 757 Nostepinnes and old WIPs

Hi, I haven’t a lot of craft to show this week. I unearthed another forgotten WIP and had to do detective work to find which stitch and hook size I’d used. 

The colour of this is much brighter and nicer in daylight!

I’ve bought some stitch counters with hook sizes and stitches since from Jessies Crafty Hands on Facebook to help in the future with picking up older WIPs: 



A few people asked about my Nostepinne last week. It’s a traditional Norwegian tool (now, now LLJ, no sniggering at the back!) used for winding wool. Traditionally, a young man would make one for his beloved to show his woodworking skills. I get them from Les Smith who turns short ones for me. Details in http://lynnecrafts.blogspot.com/2022/08/woyww-689-tizzy-home.html?m=1

 We had a good day at Wye craft market on Sunday but I presume it’s there or a supermarket in Maidstone where caught my rotten cold, sniff, sniff, atchoo!🤧


I was so glad to see Lindart and Susan Renshaw saying they’d bought my book last week. I’m fascinated to understand how sales outside the UK work. Did you buy the ebook or paperback, and from where please?
Remember, all (good 😉) Amazon reviews of A Sense for Silver are welcome! Here’s the UK link: A Sense for Silver: 1 (The Ellyn Boswell Paris silversmith series)
A Sense for Silver

Gracie and Bella send purrs to you all and ask if you can stop their Hoomum from making these nasty sneezy noises that make them jump off her lap. 

I’ll be commenting late tomorrow as I’ve a hospital appointment and then B has the dentist, all in Canterbury.  In the meantime, I hope you all stay safe, well and warm. 
And finally…



Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

10 comments:

  1. Finished your book Lynne! Really enjoyed it . Yes I now have streaming cold too - so many bugs about. I love the crochet colours and that little wooden tool looks so tactile. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours on your projects this week! I hope you were able to find the right hook etc and would I snigger about your Norwegian tool??! Too blinking right I would 😂😂😂 There might even have been a titter as well……..
    Boo to having a cold, hope it doesn’t drag on too long for the cats’ sake as well as yours xx
    Hugs LLJ 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you get rid of that cold soon Lynne. Glad sales are going so well. It is a cracking read - have you started a sequel yet? Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your funnies are good today and hope the sneezing stops soon or poor Gracie and Bella will leave home! Well done with the book too. Hi Jo, I'm here at last. I started off okay this morning and then got distracted again! Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great funnies and well done on 'detecting' what you had used in the past on your WIP. Hope you feel better soon! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ergh, hope both your appointments went well yesterday. Am super impressed at your detection skills, I'd have had to crochet a few rows to see if it matched ... which shows really that I'm not very experienced! To be honest, more likely I'd have frogged it without even thinking about it, such is my memory! Im sorry about your cold, poor pusscats, they are sorry too! You're doing so well with the book selling, crikey, January weekends are going to seem really quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your nasty cold goes away soon! Who needs to be sick over Christmas? I bought your book from Amazon for my Kindle. Great read! Your projects are looking lovely, very interesting Norwegian tool. Good thing you are able to figure out your WIP! Lindart #19

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea those stitch counters are. I'd need them if I'd left work for a week or two.
    Hope to read my book over Christmas, surely I will find time then, I've had it so long.
    Hugs, Neet x12 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late, because I thought I'd visited at lunchtime yesterday on my phone... came to reply to your comment on my desk and see I didn't.... hope you get better soon. Yes, in answer to the question - Kew buddy Kim and I were both going to do that... thinking was as far as it got! Next year definitely!! Happy WOYWW plus a day! Helen '4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your cold goes away soon - and stays away! Great idea the stitch counters. Love the golds and browns. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.