Tuesday 23 January 2024

WOYWW 764 Colours and crochet


Hi all, my watercolour class last week had us mixing colours for our own colour wheels. It’s harder than it looks to get the correct gradation of shades! At the end we had a much better idea of what colours we can make with our paints. 

















We’re only supposed to use a warm and a cool red, yellow and blue plus the earth colours and viridian green but I snagged these Daniel Dmith colour samples in the sale, so I have them in my bag. 


This week we’ll be starting a fruit & veg still life. 
I’ve now started another jumper, using leftover Hobbii winter glow yarn. The pattern is Onward and upward


I like it because the stitches are simple - three trebles then a front post double treble. The placing needs watching but I get to mix colours. The rib is a mauvy blue in reality, but I’m still not happy with it so I’m starting again. 

Gracie has picked up a bit and is asking for food again rather than licking at it a bit when it’s put down next to her. I’ve talked to the vet but I’m not taking her yet as it stresses her out terribly. 
We’ve been trying not to laugh at Bella, who reached up and almost hooked a bit of lamb steak off Brian’s plate this week. We’re VERY disappointed 🤣. 
And finally…



Take care and happy WOYWW 
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx


8 comments:

  1. Great colour mixing Lynne although those watercolour paints are pretty too. Meow to Gracie and Bella - hope Gracie is properly fit soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last book cover funny made me hoot - worth a try sometimes if you want to be left alone!! I love the colour wheel, what an interesting experiment to try, makes you realise how colours work together - I haven’t done one of those since my A Level art, maybe I should to refresh myself! Love the colours of the new jumper too, it’s a good combination!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour wheel looks fun , enjoy the fruit painting. Paperartsy did a whole series if blogs about them a year or so ago. Great funnies. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the colour wheel and pleased you enjoyed your class. Look forward to seeing your progress. Great collection of funnies too. Sending happy woyww hugs, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inky and Mittsy send meows to Gracie and Bella, especially Gracie, who I hope gets back to normal soon. No one likes a trip to the vet. I love the colour wheel! That would be a great help! Looking forward to seeing your fruit painting! Have a great week, Lindart #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour wheel. I am so glad Gracie is feeling better, it’s such a worry when they are not well. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting your own colour wheel is not easy and il do understand the problems of it. it's when you start realising that there are hot and cool shades of colours etc. Just think how this knowledge you are gaining could effect your choice of colours and wool.
    Glad Gracie has picked up and maybe Bella realised how worried you were so she behaved as yu did to make yhou chortle. Just a thought. Clever cats1
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh I like the colours of your crochet but honestly it is all so dependent on the monitor you view it on so maybe IRL I would agree with you, maybe not. But in the end you have to please yourself, don't you? It's the process that is fun so I once hear someone say "If you knit, and you enjoy knitting, why would you care about having to pull something back and knit it again to be happy with it? Its' ALL KNITTING, right?" Interesting viewpoint, I thought. "Talking furniture" indeed... :D
    Happy WOYWW Day+2 - I don't know WHY Weds. are always full of commitments!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting; it would be great if you could leave a comment, thanks. Please note your identification will be visible to other readers of this blog.